Friday, October 17, 2008

Babies are a Blessing

1. Were you married at the time?
No, actually we were only together about 8 months when I got pregnant! It was scary, really scary! We hadnt even lived together yet, so I found out in June and we got our first apartment in October.

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant?
I had so many mixed emotions; it was crazy. But I was happy blessed over all ; )

3. How old were you? I was 18 when I got pregnant and delivered. I turned 19 about a month after i had her.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
My mom kept telling me she had a feeling but I didnt believe her so she said 'come on, ill buy you a test' ... so we went to the store and it was positive. I had been sick for weeks but the hospital and urgent care were saying I had food poisioning from Stauffers Lasagna. It didnt show up in my blod right away. Anyway, after 3 home tests, I believed it!

5. Who did you tell first? Well, my mom was with me at the time... and then I did the worst thing possible. I called Shaun on his cell while he was working. Oops. I still regret that but I was scared and shocked.

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
Oh yea, It took a few times but we finally found out ; )

7. Due date: February 16, 2006

8. Did you deliver early or late?
I was induced about 2 weeks early because I got toxcemia (sp?)

9. Did you have morning sickness?
I had hyperemesis so I got sick anywhere from 25-40 times a day. It was terrible. I had a home nurse and pic line. It was the whole nine. It was the worst case the doc and hospital had ever seen. ouch! Then at 6 months, I had kidney stones. but the baby was healthy and thats all that mattered. I pushed myself and everything was fine.

10. What did you crave?
I love Donatos Breadsticks // Cucumbers w Italian Dressing // and Tootsie Rolls // But soon enough I realized I didnt like them coming back up so I stuck with Fruit Loops a lot. ; ) Gross, I know

11. Who irritated you the most?
The smell of Shaun would gross me out sometimes. One time I was wanting Rallys realyl bad so we drove all the way from Grove City to E Main St (about 25 mins) and when I saw the menu I instantly got sick. So I ordered nothing and Shaun ordered a combo. Well, when I smelled the fries and saw him eating them I was so mean and said 'How can you eat those in front of me and went off' Boy I was rude that day!!!


12. What was your first child’s sex? 'Its a Girl'

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 22 lbs

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
oh yea. see above. I was in the ER at least 3x per week for dehydration because how sick I was but then I got the home nurse and pic line to stop those trips. But the best thing about it is I only missed like 3 days of work my whole pregnancy and that was because I was in the hospital with kidney stones.

15. Where did you give birth? Mount Carmel West in Columbus, Ohio (I loved it there)

16. How many hours were you in labor?
I was in labor for about 15 hours but only pushed for about 15 minutes. I was only dialated at 1/2 when I was induced so that took a while

17. Who drove you to the hospital?
I drove myself. I was always going to the ER for something so I thought I would get hydrated and they would send me home but I was wrong that time!


18. Who watched?
Shaun, my Mom, and Shauns mom. Not to be mean, but his mom will never be in there again. I must have been to drugged because I never wanted her in there to start with!!

19. Was it vaginal or c-section?
Vaginal

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
Yea, I had the epidural and didnt feel a thing. THey kind of pushed it on me but I didnt care. I slept through most of my labor.

21. How much did your child weigh?
7 lbs 6 oz.

22. What did you name him/her?
Alexia Grace

23. How old is your first born today?
2 1/2. She will be 3 on February 3rd. WOW! I cant believe it

2 comments:

ramblin'andie said...

Hi Kara :) Thanks for the compliment on Ellie. Alexia looks adorable too, and I LOVE her name!

JWilson said...

Wow, I am so sorry you were sick. I was sick with both of mine and lost weight in the first trimester but not that bad.